Pages

"God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good." Genesis 1:31

Friday, January 23, 2009

Homemade Automatic Dishwashing Detergent

My post for today is on the frugal side of things. Are you on a tight budget and want to find ways to stretch your money on cleaning? I know this isn't a natural cleaner but, I know I do have some readers that need cheap and inexpensive ways to help their budget our so this post is geared toward them.

My friend Michelle over @ Money Saving WAHM, made a great post about cheap cleaners. Well I went and bought the products for the Automatic Dish Detergent (Recipe). My husband and I whipped up the recipe and tried it, it really works and it is sooooooo cheap to. This is just mule team borax and washing soda that's it. You can get both boxes (around my area anyway) for less than $10, and they can make a whole bulk amount of the detergent. We used 2 cups of both in a resealable container shook it wha-la just 2 cups of each made the equivalent of a small box detergent. As most of us know those boxes can cost upwards of $4.00 a piece, I have at least enough for 1 maybe 2 more batches this way you can't beat it.

To Michelle keep up the great post on the cheap cleaning. She also has some non-toxic recipes for cleaners as well stop by and check her out. Money Saving WAHM

No comments: