Pages

"God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good." Genesis 1:31

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today Is "Outta The Mouths Of Babes"

This post starts off with a funny thing that came out of my oldest sons mouth today. We were talking about him seeing the "wind mills" (wind turbines near my dad grave) and I told him that they were not wind mills they were turbine's. I also told him that's what makes energy to power houses and wished we could get that power instead of the power we received because our electric company uses coal and that its not good for our environment. He then piped up and said "well mom if coal isn't good for our environment then why does Santa give it to bad kids then". I told him that one of these days Santa would figure out an eco friendly way to give bad kids something else instead of the coal. His dad them chimed in and said maybe thats what he needed to ask Santa when he wrote his letter this year. LOL

On another note I was chatting with my sister-in-law today, her and my brother are the Laudate group leaders at church for the teens (13-19yrs). They are always looking for ways to make extra money for group functions and such and I mentioned the paper retriever program (those big green and yellow dumpsters like @ Wal-mart) as a way for them to make a little extra cash for the group. She is going to check into it and thought it was a great idea. I also told her about the Terra Cycle program that you can make money for nonprofit organizations by sending in koolaid/capri sun pouches for money, they also can send in corks, chips ahoy packaging to name a few. I thought these programs would help bring in a few buck for the group here and there and help them with things they want to do. They also have a room that is used as a game room and it still needs some more work done to it (which takes money to do). I will update if the kids do this program and how they are doing with it. If you would like to check these programs out I have added them to the links section on the right.

No comments: